This position works closely with owner of the company (on a remote basis) in day-to-day business operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate data entry into accounting software, including vouching vendor invoices, generating customer invoices, processing customer payments and deposits and preparing checks.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax returns, process credit card payments, complete vendor credit applications and other business operations tasks, as necessary.
- Manage timely collection of accounts receivables.
- Develop relationships with vendors to ensure timely receipt of invoices for billing purposes and credits when necessary.
- Generate month-end reports.
- Update and generate inventory spreadsheets in Excel for customer fulfillment programs and generate daily shipping report thru FedEx for fulfillment orders shipped.
- Maintain customer/prospect database in Access.
- Assist with hiring new employees, including interviewing, ordering CBI background checks, preparing and coordinating completion of all necessary hiring documents, reporting new hires to agencies as necessary, etc.
- Manage overall running of office, including coordinating supplies, distributing mail, handling computer/phone/equipment issues, etc.
- Assist with product research and proposals, marketing mailings, verifying receipt of ordered goods, preparing goods for delivery to vendors and/or customers, preparing shipments, possibly making deliveries, or other support functions requested by sales team members.
- Accurate filing in vendor and customer files.
- Assist with answering incoming phone calls.
- Special projects, as necessary.
Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time Monday - Friday
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting/administrative experience.
- BA degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Marketing.
- Quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, highly organized and self motivated.
- Possess a working knowledge of standard business practices in the areas of business accounting, finance and/or sales.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent business judgment in determining approaches to a variety of tasks and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient skills in Access, Excel (including composing/editing formulas), Word, Power Point, Outlook and 10-key by touch.
- FedEx and UPS on-line programs, graphic software (Illustrator) and/or promotional product industry knowledge a PLUS!
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
E-mail resume and compensation/benefit requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without compensation/benefit requirements will not be considered.